Head of Land & New Business
V10 is a leading and reputable provider of package deals to the RP sector. We currently have over 1200 homes placed in our customers development pipelines. With our RP and construction partners we enable the delivery of additional affordable homes to those with need. This is why V10 exists. We are looking for a dynamic person to join our growing professional team to deliver on our current business plan and shape the next one. Do you have the drive, ambition, energy and entrepreneurial flair to make things happen where others flounder or fail in development? If so, read on.
The Head of Land and New Business will work directly with the Land and New Business Director. First and foremost you will assist in sourcing suitable off-market development land within key geographical areas that support the growth of the business. Working alongside our RP customers and our in-house dynamic pre-construction team you will appraise and shape commercially optimal schemes to achieve a competitive position in the land market. After agreeing Head of Terms with a land seller and a package deal with our RP customers you will manage the legal process to completion.
Within this role you will:
- Build strong long-term relationships with agents, landowners, promoters and RP’s to acquire sites and procure new package deals for V10.
- Need to be able to cold call land prospects and RP contacts and show persistence.
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative market research and understand the needs of a home buyer and localised housing demand. An agency background would be an advantage.
- Undertake and optimise appraisals (ideally using ProVal)
- Produce commercial viabilities prior to a land offer
- Assess land opportunities thoroughly and make recommendations to the team based on sound commercial judgement.
- Make land offers and diligently negotiate terms
- Qualify RP package offers and agree terms
- Manage the legal process from HOT’s to completion alongside the pre-construction team who will be managing the linked JCT.
- Manage and prioritise all the above workstreams simultaneously.
What you’ll need:
- Excellent and proven negotiation and communication skills
- Demonstrate an understanding and experience of the development process across a range of building and tenure types.
- Demonstrate an understanding of RP funding and grant funding opportunities.
- Comprehensive understanding of the financial elements of development projects and their impact on scheme viability.
- Experience of using development appraisal software
- Strong commercial awareness and risk management skills.
- Excellent financial and project management skills
- A strong understanding of both the land sale and the acquisition process including knowledge of options, contracts and various deeds.
- Have a clear understanding of the planning process.
- Appropriate land experience within a developer, RP or housebuilder
- Be eager to keep all stakeholders, internal and external to V10 updated in realtime
- Have ambition for yourself and the team and a positive attitude to succeed.
- An ability to use digital media to promote yourself alongside V10.
- Above all else you’ll need the abilities and mindset of a ‘dealer’ coupled with a keen eye for detail and an ability to anticipate commercial consequences
For more information and details of this highly renumerate and flexible package please email Karl Timberlake (Land & New Business Director) at [email protected]